[nabentre] Chamber of Commerce and NFB

Cheryl Echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 20 17:44:28 UTC 2014

Peter, I am hoping you are replying to all the groups I just posted to this
one seems that you are only posting to me.

It is for networking, fundraising for scholarships for local school
districts, coming together for local events, like this Saturday, I will be
representing the Chamber at the Boy Scouts pancake Breakfast.

I also got to speak to one of our speakers who work for the local hospital
in our area, since NY State passed the Blind Patient Bill of Rights in July
2014. I am able to get the names of the people in the positions that work
here, since this particular hospital has been doing accessible discharge and
other paperwork or audio services for the blind near me when other hospitals
are having issues around the state to get what they need to do.

We also participate in our St. Patrick's Day Parade, Memorial Day Parade, we
host our annual tree lighting and other events, which brings the community
all together.

Again, the Chamber of Commerce is the center of your local communities all
towns have them, go to a local meeting, find out when it is, you don't have
to join, bring business cards, etc.

You may also find that your local and state senators, assembly and congress
people come to the meetings, especially those that are originally for the
district that you live in.

So when you go to Washington, DC or your local state meeting with members of
state government they know who you are.