[nabentre] an excited question from a fellow federationist and entrepreneur

Brandon Keith Biggs brandonkeithbiggs at gmail.com
Fri May 27 16:18:43 UTC 2016

Hello Daniel,
You should take some classes on entrepreneurship. Some good videos are:
https://www.udacity.com/course/how-to-build-a-startup--ep245
and
http://24o.it/links/?uri=http://startupclass.samaltman.com/&from=Il+corso+di+startup%3F+%C3%88+online+gratis%2C+firmato+Stanford

You should do some marketing research for a business idea first. If you
wish to write a blog, get out of your house and talk to people (or just do
it over skype). There are 3 steps to interviews:
1. do in depth interviews that are at least 20 minutes long, and listen to
what people's thoughts are on blogs and your subject matter. Don't ask them
right off if they would read your blog because they will say yes. Instead
ask them when they currently read blogs, how do they find their blogs and
all open questions like this.
2. After about 6-10 interviews of your potencial users, gather together
their thoughts and create an idea of what you could do based on their
feedback. Then get a survey with rating scales, multiple choice and check
all that apply. Write questions like: How do you find blogs? A. Google
searching keywords for a problem I am having. B. Browsing blog sites. C.
Hear about it off friends on Facebook... There are numbers to make this
statistically valid, look at:
http://iqsresearch.com/what-makes-a-statistically-valid-sample/
But just shoot for 385 respondents.
3. After getting back your responses (don't cheet!) look at what people
said and make a prototype blog following what people said they wanted to
read. Get some of your respondents to read it and comment on it. Look and
see who is coming to your blog and who is not coming to your blog and
interview people in those two groups to find out why. Then make changes
based on their feedback.

Remember though, your idea is worthless unless people want it. I could make
a square wheel and try to sell it to car makers but they will not buy it.
If I sold the wheel to artests though, they may buy it, but I will never
know unless they do buy it.

Here is an example of the design process:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taJOV-YCieI

Just find what you are passionet about and find other people who are
passionet about the same things and use them as your respondents.

There is only one get rich quick skeem and that is doing the work to make
your product or business grow. The only techniques are talking to people
and doing what they say.
Thanks,

Brandon Keith Biggs <http://brandonkeithbiggs.com/>