[nabentre] Business Opportunities

Brad Dunse brad at braddunse.com
Sat May 28 07:46:01 UTC 2016

Poking my head in from lurk mode with a couple thoughts. Then ducking back
under as to not get pummeled with whatever you have handy to throw at me.

First, don't invest into a solution looking for a problem. Not only will it
waste your time, but it will feed the notion it's hard to find something to
do as a blind person once you fail.

Secondly, don't ever think it's impossible to find something as a blind
person, ever. Because, there is something for you out there, absolutely. One
person rattled off a bunch of great ideas. Each with their own set of
challenges, talent requirements, knowledge and such, but that's just
'bidniz.'

Thirdly, and this is a tough one. Adopt the notion, rather ingest the notion
and have it oozing from your pores, that everything... I mean everything you
don't like about your situation is your fault.

Now, before you write me off as a 'loonie,' recognize this.

When you blame anyone else but you, for even a tough situation which seems
you've been treated unfairly or whatever, you internally give up all control
to fix it.

Because really? We have a choice whether we want to deal with someone with
an inaccessible business model or not. It's our choice. We aren't locked
into it. In fact, they can go blow if they think they've got me by the
shorties.

I'm not taking on a victim mentality for nobody. Screw that.

Now, that said.

Find what your passion is in life. What are you good at? What are you known
for in your circles?

What are you interested in and would be willing to invest some education in.
And I don't' mean sign up to DVR for a degree in something. In fact, I'll
really piss some off by saying, if you're planning to be in business as an
entrepreneur, a degree is a good Sears catalog replacement in the outhouse,
ain't much good really.

Okay, I feel the flushed cheeks from some of you. But, that's not me
talking, although I've always believed it myself. It comes from the top down
from this countries model entrepreneurs.

Do yourself a favor. Get out your iPhone or whatever, and start signing up
to some entrepreneurial podcasts. Things like Unemployable with Brian Clark.
Ben Settle's Anti-preneur, Pat Flynn's Passive Income, etc.

You'll learn more from those podcasts than anything you could in a four-year
degree. For business I'm talking. I'm not talking about learning a
marketable talent. Some things need some formal education, but most not.

So. How can you turn something you're interested in, in to something to help
others in their need?

If you're going to be in business, you're going to need to market and
promote, invest and take risk.

DVR folks will likely not take risk.

And to be honest, there are opportunities in the business enterprise program
which you don't need to market or promote yourself.

That might not be your cuppa, no problem.

In fact, there has been a problem in search of a solution staring you in the
face all bloody week.

Perhaps some should, and I've considered it in the past, but have other
irons in the fire which align more with my goals and lifestyle...

But someone ought to be thinking how to hook of blind people needing work or
wanting to start a business, with an opportunity.

We all hear about inaccessible call centers, in accessible product portal
models or MLMs.

Screw them.

Why not start your own service, develop your own product, create it like you
want, sell to who you want, and take control?

I'll close with saying the writing world is an opportunity.

Not so much books or selling your soul on e-lance.com for $10 an article.
Please don't. That only hurts those who write for a living.

But things like e-mail marketing and copywriting. It takes some learning,
but plenty doable.

Whatever you choose. Plan to work at it. More than you will at a 9-to5 job.

Don't fall for those scams which want a fee to tell you it costs even more
money to find out you need to spend even more. Do your research. Google is
your best friend.

If you are an entrepreneur, it is a lifestyle, not a job. You'll be up late
nights working when others are sleeping, but you'll be sunning yourself on a
beach when others are working too. And when there's problems. You duh dude
or chick to fix it.

Bottom line? Take control, because if you don't? Someone else , or life in
general, will. And since you're on this list with an idea of how you want
life? That is disgusting to you to be led by the nostrils.

And now, back in lurk mode.

Brad Dunse