[nabentre] The Second Wave Rolls In, Duxbury

Mary Donahue braille at satx.rr.com
Tue Apr 10 18:00:06 UTC 2018

Good afternoon everyone,

                For several months we've been engaged with folks on these
lists on the benefits of funding one's own rehabilitation needs such as
buying assistive hardware and software. Previously we told you about Mary's
buying a Braille-Edge 40 without help from rehab. We're pleased to let
everyone know that the Braille-Edge 40 is up and running and is serving its
purpose well. This was followed shortly afterwords by our buying Jaws for
Windows 2018 no rehab required.

                This morning a "Second wave" came ashore. Mary is now the
proud owner of the latest and greatest version of the Duxbury Braille
Translator for Windows. Since she would like to do Braille transcribing and
so we can provide material in Braille for our other businesses this latest
purchase will serve us well. It feels wonderful to not have to deal with the
waighting and stress of getting this equipment through a vocational
rehabilitation agency. For us paying for the products and services you need
to live independently as a blind person is wonderful! It can also go a long
way to helping us be more pleasant to deal with too. Anything you can do to
eliminate unwanted white noise of that kind should be the goal of every
blind person needing to acquire such technology and services. Now to hear
similar stories from others on these lists.

Peter and Mary Donahue who look forward to increasing quality Braille in
their corner of the World.