[nabop] career information

Mary Donahue braille at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jun 19 02:13:29 UTC 2009

Hello Sarah and listers,

    First, as far as customer service goes, the Colorado Center for the
Blind (CCB) has a customer-service training course. I am not sure if you can
get anything similar at Chris Cole Rehab Center, but you could ask.

    As for Braille transcribing and proofreading, you're asking a full-time
proofreader. I took the Braille Transcribing and Proofreading Course through
the Library of Congress by correspondence. There is no time limit to finish
the course; it's all self-paced. Go to the Web site http://www.braille.org
and enter on the link about Braille transcribing and proofreading. You will
find out who to contact and how to get your materials. Should you enroll in
the course, I would be happy either to mentor you or answer any questions
you may have.

    In the meantime, thank you for your question.

Mary Donahue, Vice President, NABOP