[nabop] using raiser's edge

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 5 15:29:41 UTC 2011

Dave,
Since this software is widely used in the nonprofit sector, I think
addressing accessibility is a wise investment.
Not sure where you work, but I guess everyone there knows accessibility
standards of section 508 and there are some other standrds too which I
cannot remember the name.

I will also call the company, blackbaud, to see if they have made steps for
accessibility.
I would appreciate the accessibility report once its finished. You can send
it off list if you want.
Also, since I haven't seen it, letting me know how best to get to major
fields is good. From another blind user, she said you can tab to edit
fields. She told me there are lots of drop down boxes where you have to
select items. She was not sure if these multi list boxes were accessible
because she uses a screen magnifier though.
It has been my experience that drop down list boxes do not work well with
jaws. I have experienced this frustration when filling out online job
applications.
I get into the combo box and usually can read items
but cannot select them. You are supposed to select your options by checking
them. A sighted person did this very easily with the mouse. I hope this
makes sense. So how this relates to raiser's edge is that from what little
I've heard, the database has such boxes. How would I be able to do this?

So far with online forms I cannot find a way. Maybe there is  no way. I did
not even know the check box was there within the list box!
Since all applications are onlline now a days except for small organizations
who might accept hard copy or emailed resumes, this makes it hard to search
and apply for jobs.
But anyway if raiser's edge is accessible or at least 75 percent accessible,
then I can do the volunteer experience I want and this experience will help
me get a job. They want experience now a days before you have a job.
Ashley