[nabop] Signing in and ID checking

Brown, Debbie dabro at loc.gov
Mon Jul 9 16:01:59 UTC 2012

Last time I visited the Texas School for the Blind, the blind receptionist had a means of checking IDs with a machine.  She performed her job independently, but I don't know any more about her equipment than what I am telling you.  Because of this, my opinion of that school is higher than that of the Maryland School for the Blind, where the blind receptionist has to trust a sighted person to sign in abnd must beg for sighted assistance to sign a blind person in.

Debbie Brown