[nabop] Hi, I'm new to the list

Leslie Hamric lhamric930 at comcast.net
Thu Jul 12 02:32:55 UTC 2012

Hi Listers. This is Leslie and I'm new to the list. I am looking for work as
a receptionist and was wondering if if you could connect  me with someone
doing this work. I would like to ask some questions like
What software is accessible with jaws? How do you know what line is flashing
on a big switchboard? What do you like most and least about your job? What
kind of training is required? Describe a typical day. What are your biggest
challenges? How is your blindness an asset?

I am working with a job placement agency here in IL and the woman working
with me told me that when she calls companies where I may be a potential
candidate, the first thing she mentions is the fact that I'm blind.
Something tells me that's not exactly appropriate but I wanted to get some
input.  It's this woman's first time working with a blind client so she has
a lot to learn.

That is all I have for now. I look forward to hearing from anyone who can
help.  Thanks.

Leslie