[nabop] braille transcription course questions

Rebecca Ilniski rilniski at gmail.com
Tue Nov 19 22:04:21 UTC 2013

Hi Sarah. In order to use Perky Duck you don't need any microsoft software. Just your keyboard. You can download Perky Duck from the Duxbury web site. There are certain keyboards that don't work with perky duck but am not sure which ones don't and which ones do. It's trial and error. If you are going to emboss your lessons, you should use 11 by 11 and a half Braille paper. If using a slate, they recommend using a board slate. I just did lesson 2 and have to do it again because I messed up on some things. You get 3 chances to do a lesson. First submit your lesskn 2 to the transcribers at nfb dot org address. Then you get the name of your instructor. Good luck with the course.

Rebecca and Zeb
email: rilniski at gmail.com
facebook: www.facebook.com/rebeccai5
sent from my IPhone