[nabop] National Association of Blind Office Professionals (NABOP) have 2 activities at this year's NFB 75th convention

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 5 21:55:19 UTC 2015

is the meeting being recorded?

-----Original Message-----
From: Lisa Hall via nabop
Sent: Friday, July 03, 2015 7:25 PM
To: nabop at nfbnet.org
Cc: Lisa Hall
Subject: [nabop] National Association of Blind Office Professionals (NABOP)
have 2 activities at this year's NFB 75th convention

Hi everyone,

I hope everyone is getting ready for this exciting NFB's 75th
convention this year in Orlando, Florida from July 5, 2015 through July
10, 2015 at Rosen Center Hotel located at 9840 International Drive,
Orlando, Florida 32819.

Our first meeting is as follows:

Sunday, July 5, 2015
6:30 - 10:00 pm—NAT’L ASSOC. OF BLIND OFFICE PROFESSIONALS

Salon 15, level 2

6:30 pm—Registration

Learn about assistive technology in the workplace, training opportunities,
and
any job announcements available. Lisa Hall, President

Our second activity is as follows:

Thursday, July 9, 2015
7:00 - 9:00 pm—BRAILLE PROOFREADING SEMINAR

Salon 18, level 2

If you are a parent of a blind child, teacher of blind/visually
impaired children, a
rehabilitation teacher, or interested in learning what’s happening in
the Braille field, join us to get hands-on experience. Presented by the
National Association of Blind Office Professionals Division, Lisa Hall,
President

And now for the Agenda for Sunday, July 5, 2015

This agenda that I have put together is a rough outline as to who was
invited to come to our meeting. I have sent out several emails inviting
technology vendors to let us know what's new this year and to encourage
everyone to check the exhibit hall out during the week at this
convention. Your program agenda that you get when you register for the
convention will be available in braille or print. It is also available
online located at
https://nfb.org/convention
It is available in audio mp3, word, as docx, word in spanish, pdf, and
iCalendar. If there is anyone who can not use any of the formats
mentioned, please let me know. I have converted the file in txt, html,
and rtf formats if needed.

If we have any first time attendees at this meeting, I want to
recognize them and help answer any questions you may have.

The agenda can change at last minute but will try to move as smoothly
as possible.

Agenda of National Association of Blind Office Professionals (NABOP), a
Division of

National Federation of the Blind
Sunday, July 5, 2015
Rosen Center Hotel
President: Lisa Hall

6:30 P.M.: Registration
7:00 Meeting begins and welcome.
7:05 P.M.: Introduction
7:15 P.M.: A T Guys, J.J. Meddaugh, President--Announces new products
available at this

75th NFB Convention.
7:30 P.M.: Mike Tindell, Humanware--What's new at HumanWare
7:45 P.M.: Marioo from Bookshare on what's new at Bookshare
8:00 P.M.: Suman Kanuganti, CEO of Aira Tech Corp (or Aira.IO)
filling in for Larry Bock topic: using google glass
8:15 P.M.: Mike Calvo, Serotek Corporation
8:30 P.M.: Dave Wilkinson, Education Marketing Manager for HIMS.
8:45 P.M.: David bradburn from Baum USA
9:00 P.M.: Open Forum. This is a chance to ask questions on issues you
may have in an

office setting. This is a chance where you can share information.
Hopefully someone in the

group can answer questions being asked.
9:30 P.M.: secretary: Joanne Jordan (VA): reading of last year's
minutes if available
9:45 P.M.: treasurer, Debbie Brown (MD): Treasurer's report
9:55 P.M.: Wrap up
10:00 P.M.: Meeting Adjourns

See everyone in Orlando, Florida.

Sincerely,