[nabop] JAWS and COGNOS report creation system?

Stephanie Pieck themusicsuite at verizon.net
Sun Dec 18 17:17:33 UTC 2016

Hello,

I've been following the technical discussions regarding JAWS and NVDA with
interest and am impressed with the amount of knowledge everyone has.

So here's another puzzle that perhaps someone can help me with:

Our office relies on COGNOS, a program manufactured by IBM, to create
customized reports by drawing data from our extremely large database. So
far, I have not been able to get the software to work well with jaws. Does
anyone have experience using COGNOS? If so, what techniques were best for a
visually ijmpaired user?

If NVDA is a recommendation, can it be run on the same machine as JAWS? If
so, how does that work?

Thank you.

Stephanie Pieck