[nabop] office tasks and paperwork

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 27 04:04:21 UTC 2016

Hi all,

Well, I’m still looking for employment. Most jobs ask for more experience than I have; in other words, not much entry level options.

Anyway, it seems to me that entry level work is more paperwork driven and data driven requiring you to see the information.

I have some vision so might investigate using a magnifier for reading mail to sort it.

Have any of you done these sort of tasks?
Most jobs require these duties in one form or another.

scheduling appointments
Entering information in databases
sorting and distributing mail
filing
copying
scanning

I can see how I’d make some accomodations. I’d label the mailboxes or areas where I need to deliver mail. I’d also label the files.
Due to software accessibility, I’d imagine scheduling appointments and data entry would be challenging or impossible.

Any ideas or thoughts are welcome.

Ashley