[nabs-l] Mobility Methods

Lora and Myrtle blindhistory at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 02:44:33 UTC 2008

I received my first dog guide from Leader Dogs in Rodchester, Michigan. She
is 21 months and still very much a puppy. She is a very hard worker. She
likes to bark and growl at other dogs while working. It is definately a
playful growl and I am working on this with her. I received her in July. She
is a very very smart dog and very sneaky when it comes to food. She learns
routes within the first couple of times of doing them. she is a very
stubborn dog who walks fast (which I love). I love having Myrtle and
wouldn't go back to a cane full time. I have been taking her to football
games with cannons (when we score a touchdown). Usually she does pretty good
except for these last 2 games when the cannons went of during the halftime
show (as part of the music) and which I play in. She shut down after that
and refused to work. I definately learned that you can't force a dog to work
that doesn't want to work. Myrtle is a yellow lab.
Sorry for the long post.