[nabs-l] FW: [Nfb-science] Looking for Blind Person in Broadcasting

Sarah Jevnikar sarah.jevnikar at utoronto.ca
Tue Dec 2 20:33:42 UTC 2008

-----Original Message-----
From: nfb-science-bounces at nfbnet.org [mailto:nfb-science-bounces at nfbnet.org]
On Behalf Of David B Andrews (by way of David Andrews <dandrews at visi.com>)
Sent: Tuesday, December 02, 2008 2:34 PM
To: david.andrews at nfbnet.org
Subject: [Nfb-science] Looking for Blind Person in Broadcasting

 >>> Janice Bailey 12/2/2008 11:52 AM >>>   jan.bailey at state.mn.us

I have a client who has a good opportunity to work for a radio
station as an announcer. They use the Google Radio Automation system
with a touch screen. The question is, could this be done with a
keyboard? Our technology person is going out with me to look at this
situation, but I'm wondering if anyone out there has anyone who is
totally blind working at a radio station with automated equipment.
Some other terms given to me were SS 32 and D mark. My client needs
to do radio announcing, read the news, put in the commercials, or
start them, not create them, and do some live broadcasting on mike.
They definitely will hire him if the job could be made accessible.

Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Jan Bailey
State Services for the Blind
Rochester, Minnesota 55904
phone: 507-280-5563 or 1-800-657-3836