[nabs-l] Press Release: MathType 6.5 for Windows is available

Design Science MathType at dessci.com
Wed Dec 3 03:23:24 UTC 2008

Hi,

Today we released MathType 6.5 for Windows. The
complete press release is included below and is
also available on our website at
<http://cl.exct.net/?qs=67b01c05e3d7c3bf605cac7e5aada904424f5936fde174ab6caf561e6060348c>http://www.dessci.com/en/company/press/releases/081202.htm.

Starting with this release, we are positioning
MathType as a universal editor for mathematical
notation. MathType already works with hundreds of
applications and websites and we are now
maintaining a list of them online in our MathType
Interoperability Registry. This is just the
beginning. Ultimately, we would like to make cut
and paste of mathematics between applications and
websites as easy as plain text.

Please let us know if you have questions.

Best Regards,
--Bruce

Bruce Virga
EVP of Sales & Business Development, COO
<mailto:brucev at dessci.com>brucev at dessci.com

Tel: +1 (562) 432-2920
Fax: +1 (562) 432-2857
Mobile: +1 (949) 233-8212

Design Science, Inc. --
<http://cl.exct.net/?qs=67b01c05e3d7c3bf851b5e5fc8139d559ab1cf74bded21fa1e0a5c19a20e47ad>www.dessci.com

140 Pine Avenue, 4th Floor
Long Beach, California 90802 USA

~ Makers of MathType, MathFlow, MathPlayer, WebEQ, Equation Editor ~

===========================
For Immediate Release
===========================

MathType 6.5 for Windows is Now Shipping

New version designed to work with hundreds of
education and scientific software applications and websites

LONG BEACH, Calif. ­ December 2, 2008 ­ Design
Science today announced the release of MathType™
6.5 for Windows, a new version designed to work
with a wide variety of education and scientific
applications and websites. The company introduced
its Equations Everywhere and Anywhere!™
initiative, hosting the MathType Interoperability
Registry on its website, a listing of several
hundred popular educational and scientific
applications and websites that MathType now works
with. This new version also includes translators
for Mathematica and Maple, MathML import, and
enables users to type TeX/LaTeX equations directly into Microsoft Word.

"Scientists, engineers and educators are now
using a much wider variety of applications and
websites in their work than ever before," said
Paul R. Topping, Design Science's President &
CEO. "We're quite excited to release a new
version of MathType that works with many of
these. We're listening to our customers and
adding more to the MathType Interoperability
Registry as fast as we possibly can." In addition
to Microsoft Word and PowerPoint, MathType now
works with Wikipedia, Moodle, Adobe InDesign,
Blackboard, QuarkXPress, Autograph, SigmaPlot,
SMART Notebook, and SmartDraw to name a few.

MathType has long been known as the professional
version of the Equation Editor in Microsoft
Office, used by millions of educators, scientists
and engineers to create papers and presentations
with textbook-quality equations. According to
scientific and technical publishers, over 85% of
submitted manuscripts containing mathematical
notation are Microsoft Word documents with
MathType or Equation Editor equations.

MathType is US $57 for academic users, $97 for
non-academic users; upgrades are US $37 for
academic users, $49 for non-academic users.
Anyone can download MathType from the Design
Science website and try it free for 30 days.

About Design Science

Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Long Beach,
California, Design Science develops software used
by educators, scientists and publishing
professionals, including MathType, Equation
Editor in Microsoft Office, WebEQ, MathFlow and
MathPlayer, to communicate on the web and in
print. For more information please visit
<http://cl.exct.net/?qs=67b01c05e3d7c3bf41a8f427ee6e190cdaf03c601550637f0337aa8c659861cb>www.dessci.com.

###
Design Science
140 Pine Avenue, 4th Floor