[nabs-l] professors and disability services

Valerie Gibson valandkayla at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 14:37:50 UTC 2008

Ashley,

thank you for your advice, and I agree with what you said about
freshmen year being a learning experience.  My english issue was
resolved, and I'm not going to fail the class after all. YAY ME!

anyway, my psych professor, from what i understand, likes to go by the
book when it come to disabilities services, and I've heard some
professors are anal about having students go through DSS.

However, i did not want to go through DSS at all, and if i had to, i
wanted it to be a bare minimum, which is what i told him in the first
email that i wrote him.

But since the past is the past, and i don't know if i can do anything
about it now: (this question goes for anyone), is there a way to get
around DSS when your professor says that you have to go through them
in order to get acomidations?

thank you, and, for the record, i checked my spelling. i was in a
hurry when last i wrote that email, so sorry to all the spelling fans.