[nabs-l] Is this really innovation? (Was: The Optelec FarView)

T. Joseph Carter carter.tjoseph at gmail.com
Sat Dec 6 20:44:12 UTC 2008

Oh look, it's a digital camera, with crappy storage and video output to a
nearby screen.  I've got a Canon that will do most of this stuff, although
you really have got to hold it very still if you want a clear picture of
text on a whiteboard across the room, but you can do it.  It'll store
thousands of pictures on a single SD card too, not 100.  It's got a bigger
screen than my digital camera, but I bet it's got a lot bigger price tag
too.  Any takers?

Also, how many people on the nabs list have taken or will take a test
provided by ETS?  They're not going to let you use a device that can take
pictures of the test!

Joseph