[nabs-l] studying abroad

Cindy Bennett passionflower505 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 11 16:02:47 UTC 2008

I really want to study abroad next year. I was curious about how those of you who have studied abroad liked it, and if there were difficulties that you would not have faced if you had stayed back. For example, how did you get your textbooks in an accessible format, and were the professors abroad willing to work with you? As far as the culture is concerned, did you find that people were less accepting of you in other countries? I really want to study abroad even if it would be a challenge, but i guess i am trying to figure out what i should plan for, or if there is anything i should do in advance to prepare.
Thanks
Cindy