[nabs-l] studying abroad

Hope Paulos hope.paulos at maine.edu
Thu Dec 11 16:41:35 UTC 2008

Hi Cindy.  Where are you planning to study? Once I know the
country I can get more information for you.  I've never studied
abroad, but might be able to help as far as the cultural aspects,
depending on the country you're planning to go to.
Hope and Beignet

those of you who have studied abroad liked it, and if there were
difficulties that you would not have faced if you had stayed
back.  For example, how did you get your textbooks in an
accessible format, and were the professors abroad willing to work
with you? As far as the culture is concerned, did you find that
people were less accepting of you in other countries? I really
want to study abroad even if it would be a challenge, but i guess
i am trying to figure out what i should plan for, or if there is
anything i should do in advance to prepare.