[nabs-l] mac books

Christopher Kchao thisischris89 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 17:12:18 UTC 2008

For now, voiceover is the only screen reader that's available for Mac.
Perhaps the most appealing quality about apple computers is that they come
talking right out of the box without the need to install third party (and
often expensive) software. To my knowledge, accessibility on the mac is
still a work in progress though it has certainly come a long way. Even so,
there are many blind people who use apple computers quite extensively in
their daily lives with little to no difficulty. If anything, you always have
the option of running windows by dual booting or using VMWare.
If you want more information, I encourage you to check out the
macvisionaries website and associated mailing list at
http://www.macvisionaries.com
Hope this helps