[nabs-l] Lost in Translation

Brice Smith brsmith2424 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 04:06:58 UTC 2008

Is there a way I can translate text from .brf to .txt, .rtf, .html, or
another usable format so I can read on my computer?
I started using web-Braille two years ago: I downloaded the .brf file
from the site, then I'd always use commands in Duxbury to translate
the file from Braille to readable text, and just read with jaws from
there.
However, I don't have access to duxbury anymore and would rather not
pay hundreds of dollars to download a complex system where the only
thing I could see myself using on a regular basis is the translate
command.
Are there any other, preferably free and easy, methods to translate a
braille file to readable text?

For the record, I do understand that the point of web-Braille is to
allow patrons to read files on a machine such as the Braillenote which
supports the specific format and includes a Braille display. However,
since translation is readily available in duxbury, I don't think I'm
breaking any rules by converting the file for personal use.
P.S. Excelent film (see subject)

- Brice