[nabs-l] Florida Association of Blind Students (FABS)

Jamie Principato blackbyrdfly at gmail.com
Sat Dec 27 08:52:55 UTC 2008

Hi there,

I'm new to this list, but certainly not new to being a blind student. My
name is Jamie and I live in Florida. I was just wondering if anyone who
reads this mailing list is a member of FABS. I've been trying to become a
member for a long time now, especially as I noticed how.... well, how many
problems exist (in my opinion and in the opinion of a number of others I've
talked to) for blind students in local high schools and colleges, how poor
the state's rehabilitation centers for the blind are, and how little is
being done about this... But there's nothing on our state's NABS website
that explains how to join, and when I e-mailed all the officers, I never got
any reply. I've actually heard from other blind students who have tried to
join that the group is rather inactive, and I think something can definitely
be done about this. So are there any Floridians out there?

-Jamie