[nabs-l] Trouble Using Computers on Campus

Corbb O'Connor corbbo at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 12:17:44 UTC 2008

It's my hunch that Elizabeth would be hard-pressed to convince her
university to give her administrative rights to the on-campus
computers. What I'd recommend, Elizabeth, is whomever you talk to, get
their name and the name of their boss or supervisor. Just keep working
your way up the chain of both the DSS office and the computer services
office. You'll get it working. Just remember, these people most likely
legitimately want to help you, but there's something getting in the
way. Keep in mind that the computer services folks aren't familiar
with access technology products, and that--most likely--the DSS folks
aren't familiar with the technical mumbo jumbo of the on-campus
networks. Maybe schedule a meeting with the directors of both offices
(simultaneously) and see what putting the two of them in the same room
does!

Best of luck,
Corbb

-----
Corbb O'Connor
studying at the National University of Ireland, Galway