[nabs-l] Serving Yourself Food

Beth thebluesisloose at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 22:02:02 UTC 2008

Thank God I found this e-mail, Arielle.  I'm having a huge problem
with staff at my dining hall who are not willing to help me get my
food or serve myself.  Since I have to hold a cane in my right hand
and since they don't have trays and since the stations are mre than
one and helter-skelter and since nobody taught me how to maneuver
around that big cafeteria, I'm blown away by how rude the staff has
behaved lately.  During peak hours, I'd walk in and say that I needed
some help, and nobody helps out.  Their excuse?  Short staff.  I spoke
to a few people on the matter, and since the cafeteria people aren't
willing to help, they say I should talk to a manager about this.  I
wish I could see now so that I could serve myself and not have to hold
a cane in my right hand and not have to be so precise with holding
stand-alone bowls and stuff.
Beth