[nabs-l] Two important Skills not mentioned

Sarah Jevnikar sarah.jevnikar at utoronto.ca
Sat Nov 15 06:56:33 UTC 2008

Oh yeah universal health care, but not everything is free. Some things, like
dental care and now eye care, can only be covered by workplaces's benefit
plans i.e. through insurance. It's a bit confusing and I don't quite
understand it. But it's great knowing that in an emergency situation no one
will be stuck in a tight financial situation. It's not a perfect system, but
I think it's a real plus. It does mean that wait times are longer and that
taxes are higher, but I think it's better that everyone should have an equal
chance of access. That's just my thinking.