[nabs-l] Crossing the Street for the Blind

Lora and Myrtle blindhistory at gmail.com
Sun Nov 16 13:29:31 UTC 2008

It seems with this technology the light would already be red and the
technology wouldn't have to change the light red. I see your point though if
you can't see or hear the cars coming.

On Sun, Nov 16, 2008 at 12:12 AM, T. Joseph Carter <carter.tjoseph at gmail.com
> wrote:

> Sarah,
>
> Do you think billions of dollars is a fair price to pay for you to risk
> your life to cross a street when you can neither see nor potentially hear
> the dangers--including cars running those red lights?
>
> Joseph
>

> On Sat, Nov 15, 2008 at 09:59:12AM -0600, Sarah Alawami wrote:
>
>>  I'd agree there, but sometimes you have a hearing loss as well as a
>> blindness issue . I'd rather have the device vibrate and beep at me if i
>>  do
>> start vearing and if I have a hearing loss then it to stop the traphic
>> suddenly.
>>
>> Take care.
>>
>> Sarah "Alawami
>> The christmas holidays are coming up! check out my music page at
>> http://music.marrie.org for some relaxing  holiday favorites.
>>
>> Thanks and have a wonderful day.

>>> F9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE2MjYzNgRncnBzcElkAzE3MDUxODkwNTIEbXNnSWQDMzA
>>> 2MDEEc2VjA2Z0cgRzbGsDdnRwYwRzdGltZQMxMjI2MTczMzE4BHRwY0lkAzMwNjAx

>>> U5NzE0BGdycElkAzE2MjYzNgRncnBzcElkAzE3MDUxODkwNTIEbXNnSWQDMzA2MDEEc2Vj
>>> A2Z0cgRzbGsDcnBseQRzdGltZQMxMjI2MTczMzE4?act=reply&messageNum=30601

>>> U5NzE0BGdycElkAzE2MjYzNgRncnBzcElkAzE3MDUxODkwNTIEc2VjA2Z0cgRzbGsDbnRw
>>> YwRzdGltZQMxMjI2MTczMzE4>
>>> Messages <
>>> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LCA/messages;_ylc=X3oDMTJkYXBkdGpuBF9TAz
>>> k3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE2MjYzNgRncnBzcElkAzE3MDUxODkwNTIEc2VjA2Z0cgRzbGsD
>>> bXNncwRzdGltZQMxMjI2MTczMzE4

>>> zU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE2MjYzNgRncnBzcElkAzE3MDUxODkwNTIEc2VjA2Z0cgRzbGsDZml
>>> sZXMEc3RpbWUDMTIyNjE3MzMxOA--

>>> MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE2MjYzNgRncnBzcElkAzE3MDUxODkwNTIEc2VjA2Z0cgRzbGsDcG
>>> hvdARzdGltZQMxMjI2MTczMzE4

>>> zU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE2MjYzNgRncnBzcElkAzE3MDUxODkwNTIEc2VjA2Z0cgRzbGsDbGl
>>> ua3MEc3RpbWUDMTIyNjE3MzMxOA--

>>> k3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE2MjYzNgRncnBzcElkAzE3MDUxODkwNTIEc2VjA2Z0cgRzbGsD
>>> ZGIEc3RpbWUDMTIyNjE3MzMxOA--

>>> zU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE2MjYzNgRncnBzcElkAzE3MDUxODkwNTIEc2VjA2Z0cgRzbGsDcG9
>>> sbHMEc3RpbWUDMTIyNjE3MzMxOA--

>>> 3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE2MjYzNgRncnBzcElkAzE3MDUxODkwNTIEc2VjA2Z0cgRzbGsDb
>>> WJycwRzdGltZQMxMjI2MTczMzE4> To unsubscribe from the LCA listserv, send a
>>> blank email to:
>>> MARKETPLACE
>>> AzE2MjYzNgRncnBzcElkAzE3MDUxODkwNTIEc2VjA2Z0cgRzbGsDZ2ZwBHN0aW1lAzEyMj
>>> YxNzMzMTg->
>>> Change settings via the Web <
>>> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LCA/join;_ylc=X3oDMTJlZjU3M2c4BF9TAzk3Mz
>>> U5NzE0BGdycElkAzE2MjYzNgRncnBzcElkAzE3MDUxODkwNTIEc2VjA2Z0cgRzbGsDc3Ru
>>> Z3MEc3RpbWUDMTIyNjE3MzMxOA--

>>> Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest <mailto:
>>> LCA-digest at yahoogroups.com
>>> ?subject=Email Delivery: Digest>  | Switch format to Traditional <mailto:
>>> LCA-traditional at yahoogroups.com
>>> ?subject=Change Delivery Format: Traditional> Visit Your Group <
>>> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LCA;_ylc=X3oDMTJjcG8xYjI1BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE
>>> 0BGdycElkAzE2MjYzNgRncnBzcElkAzE3MDUxODkwNTIEc2VjA2Z0cgRzbGsDaHBmBHN0a
>>> W1lAzEyMjYxNzMzMTg-

>>> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

>>> ?subject=>
>>> Recent Activity
>>>
>>> *
>>>        3
>>>       New Photos <
>>> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LCA/spnew;_ylc=X3oDMTJlaGYzcXN2BF9TAzk3M
>>> zU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE2MjYzNgRncnBzcElkAzE3MDUxODkwNTIEc2VjA3Z0bARzbGsDdnB
>>> ob3QEc3RpbWUDMTIyNjE3MzMxOA-->
>>>
>>> Visit Your Group <
>>> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LCA;_ylc=X3oDMTJkZmo1cTdhBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE
>>> 0BGdycElkAzE2MjYzNgRncnBzcElkAzE3MDUxODkwNTIEc2VjA3Z0bARzbGsDdmdocARzd
>>> GltZQMxMjI2MTczMzE4>
>>> Moderator Central
>>>
>>> Get answers to <
>>> http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=13ouka37f/M=493064.12016262.12445669.86745
>>> 78/D=groups/S=1705189052:NC/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1226180518/L=/B=4A9FDkLaX9c-/J
>>> =1226173318658236/A=5028928/R=0/SIG=11e3tma2a/*http://new.groups.yahoo
>>> .com/moderatorcentral>
>>>
>>> your questions about
>>>
>>> running Y! Groups.
>>>
>>> Yahoo! Groups
>>>
>>> Join people over 40 <
>>> http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=13odd0v56/M=493064.12662708.12980600.86745
>>> 78/D=groups/S=1705189052:NC/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1226180518/L=/B=4Q9FDkLaX9c-/J
>>> =1226173318658236/A=5349276/R=0/SIG=11nhsqmjq/*http://advision.webeven
>>> ts.yahoo.com/EverydayWellness/>
>>>
>>> who are finding ways
>>>
>>> to stay in shape.
>>>
>>> Special K Group
>>>
>>> on Yahoo! Groups <
>>> http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=13pd7b6pp/M=493064.12016300.12445692.11323
>>> 196/D=groups/S=1705189052:NC/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1226180518/L=/B=4g9FDkLaX9c-/
>>> J=1226173318658236/A=5170416/R=0/SIG=11b5gu1oe/*http://new.groups.yaho

>>> http://www.nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nabs-l_nfbnet.org/thebluesisloos

--
Lora and Leader Dog Myrtle