[nabs-l] Philosophical Terminology

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Thu Nov 20 00:57:09 UTC 2008

Harry:

Most of us, as blind persons feel inadequate in one way or
another.  I think we all draw lines in our own minds -- that is, we
say, I know a blind person can do a lot, but she can't ...  We draw
the line somewhere as to what we can and can't do.

And ... I am 55, and keep having that line challenged, as you
will.  There are of course blatant sight things like driving that we
can't do, but there is much else.  As an example, at one time I would
have said that a blind guy couldn['t do welding.  Then, I was told
about a blind guy in Nebraska who did it for a living.  I can think
of other examples.

Dave