[nabs-l] Questions for current Blind Student Division Leaders

Arielle Silverman arielle71 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 23 20:54:02 UTC 2008

Hi Robby,

Congratulations on being elected OABS president and working to
revitalize the student division in  Ohio! We're so glad you are on the
list and that you're interested in networking and  learning from other
state division presidents.

NABS is currently compiling a set of documents specifically geared for
new state student divisions, and these documents will be available on
our Web site when it is launched on Jan. 5, 2009. So stay tuned!

In the meantime, since you just recently organized, your main tasks in
the short term will be organizing your division's membership list,
getting the constitution approved by the affiliate and setting up
banking procedures of some kind. Your state president and/or other
affiliate members will be able to help you with the specifics in your
state and you  may also be able to borrow materials from the old Ohio
student division. I was also the founding president of a state
division (in Arizona) and would be glad to answer any specific
questions you have  off-list at
arielle71 at gmail.com
You can also contact J.J. Meddaugh, NABS secretary and regional rep for Ohio, at
jj at bestmidi.com
Finally, we do have a special list for state division presidents.
Anyone  on the list who is a division president, if you're not yet on
that list please  write to Terri Rupp at
nabs.president at gmail.com
It is a closed list, so she will need to arrange for your subscription on it.

Good luck!
Arielle Silverman
First Vice-President, NABS