[nabs-l] 10 Best Tips for High School Students

Harry Hogue harryhogue at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 26 03:06:30 UTC 2008

Hello,

Be prepared to laugh, both when things are going well and when things are stressful.  And always be able to laugh at yourself when you make mistakes, because it will happen; learn from them... we all, sighted or blind, make them!

And most important of all, realize that people are people, whether you are in college, on the job, in high school, or anywhere else in life.  This means that social skills, advocacy skills, a sense of humor, etc. are skills that are not specific to students who are blind or have other disabilities, but are useful even if you have no disability... everyone in the world has had to use each one of these skills and techniques at some point in their lives, no matter who they are.

Have fun!  It's a great experience!  Remember:  The little things are what you will remember most, so don't get bogged down with details!

Cheers,

Harry