[nabs-l] job evaluation

Hope Paulos hope.paulos at maine.edu
Wed Oct 29 23:20:20 UTC 2008

Hello.  I've worked with children  many occations.  I worked  at
Perkins School for the Blind in Watertown, Massachusetts last
Summer and plan to go there again after I graduate in May.  In
this situation, I worked with children and also teen agers with
multiple disabilities.  I've also worked as a counselor at a
daycare summer camp when in high school.  Keep in mind, I'm
toffally blind.  I did things differently, I usually worked with
a child one on one.  When I graduate, I'll work as a teacher most
likely.  Í'll probably have an ed tech to assist me, just  to
have a pair of eyes in the room but I'd be working with high
school students.  You'll probably have sighted people working
with you if you're going to work in a daycare environment.
You'll need to take CPR training or first aid.  This can be done,
I've done it several times.  I got my certification, then I had
to recertify.

Hope this helps.
Hope and Beignet

<nabs-l at nfbnet.org
>Date sent: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 15:08:19 -0400
>Subject: Re: [nabs-l] job evaluation

>I have worked with children.  I know some blind people in the NFB
have done
>it.  There was an elementary school teacher in Maryland but she
has moved
>away.  There are some things that you would have to do
differently, such as