[nabs-l] job evaluation

Harry Hogue harryhogue at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 29 23:30:34 UTC 2008

Hope,
I see no reason why you would need to ahve an aid in the room when teaching high school; I would think it would be easy enough to tell when students are/are not payin attention, whispering, passing notes, etc.  And I am totally blind, so I don't have a "partial vision" bias, either, if that makes sense.  I've never stuent tought, or anything, but it just makes sense to me.

But here's a question, and maybe more appropriately directed to the educators' list, but when you say, "Does anyone have any questions," whether that be to a group of students, or any audience, how do you get responses.  Obviously you can see them raise their hands, but that's waht we're all taught to do from childhoo, so what do you say?  It's always a little awkward for me to explain because I odn't have a quick way of explaining it, etc.  This this make sense?

Thanks, and anyone with more experience on the eyes in the room thing please chime in as I am only guessing.

Harry