[nabs-l] CCTV question

Corbb O'Connor corbbo at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 03:29:55 UTC 2009

What about underlining instead of highlighting?

-----
Corbb O'Connor
The George Washington University '10
B.A. Political Communication & Economics

On Mar 31, 2009, at 5:33 PM, Jim Reed wrote:

Hey all,
I have a Merlin CCTV, I used to use the "color" mode, but have
recently switched mainly to "enhanced-positive" (brighter white,
blacker black) or "color select 3" (yellow on black background). The
problem is, my highlighter barely (if at all) shows up. All the
highlighter does on those modes (and all the other modes other than
color or black and white (which don't work for me)) is make the text a
slightly brighter shade of whatever color is being displayed. I am
also color blind and cant see slight changes in color shade/
brightness. I have tried using different highlighter colors and I have
tried turning off the CCTV light, and nothing works. The only thing
that has given me any success has been using my hand to partially
cover a CCTV light, thus casting a shadow over the page which then
(sometimes and to various degrees) allows the CCTV to recognize and
display the highlighter. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Jim

"Ability is of little account without opportunity."

          -Napoleon Bonaparte