[nabs-l] O/T How You Do It

Jedi loneblindjedi at samobile.net
Sun Apr 12 19:54:36 UTC 2009

Joe,

While your article is meant to be humorous, it brings home a good point
that we often need reminding of.

How many of us (myself included) get ourselves caught up in school
work, civic activities, NFB, work, etc? How often do we take time for
ourselves to do those things that make us feel like whole persons? In
recent months, this point was brought sharply home to me; and trust me,
it sucked beyond measure.

We know that constant stress reduces the brain's ability to handle new
information or to think critically and creatively. we also know that
stress lowers the body's ability to fight off illness and keep energy
levels at peak performance. While it's not advisable to completely
forget our responsibilities, it's definitely worth while to remind
ourselves to carve out a small piece of time for ourselves as often as
needed and as possible.

Consider Joe's contribution as an invitation to do the things you love
once in a while in order to keep your sanity while you embark on all of
you're life's daily journeys. Cheers and thanks.