[nabs-l] Accommedations Letter to Professors

Haben Girma habnkid at aol.com
Fri Apr 17 08:33:41 UTC 2009

Hey Jordan, before I was even sure of attending this college I contacted
the DSS office to alert them to what I would need and to ask them how
they would go about fulfilling those accommodations. They've used the
information I've given them to compose letters to my professors. Each
term I always have a talk with professors before and after class because
the messages in that letter don't always get through. This semester I
plan to introduce my professors to the braille process and our embosser
before fall term even begins. That way I hope that things will move
smoothly from day one, and not week two.

As to your question, it really all depends on the folks at your DSS
office. Do you trust them to write a good letter? If you don't, then you
should definitely write it yourself and let the DSS office know you'll
do that, perhaps just to keep open those friendly communication channels.

good luck,
Haben