[nabs-l] What is disc golf?

Jim Reed jim275_2 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 21 20:23:03 UTC 2009

Many people have asked, and I have been replying to them off-list, but to reduce confusion, I will post it here.

Disc golf
is a rapidly growing sport, both nationaly and internationally. It is
especially popular among high school and college students. Disc golf is
essentially regular golf that is played with moidified frisbees. The
disc vary in shape, flight characterisitcs and areodynamics, thus there
are "drivers" "mid-rangers" and "putters". Instead of shooting a ball
into a hole, you shoot a disc into a elevated basket. Disc golf is
played on courses that somewhat resemble golf courses; there are tee boxes, fairways, roughs, and water hazards. The lenghth of most holes vary from 300-500 feet. Most courses have 9 or 18 holes. The rules, game play, and scoreing are almost all identical to golf.

Hope that answers your question
Jim

"Ignorance killed the cat; curiosity was framed."