[nabs-l] learning arabic or chinese

Franandah Damstra fantasyfanatic01 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 2 07:44:16 UTC 2009

Hello,
Well, I've been learning Japanese since I was twelve and they use
braille as well. Sadly, it is quiete a  long process. They first
translate the kanji (The picture writing taken from the Chinese) and
turn it into Kana (A  mix of Hiragana, which is used for non kanji
words and for young children, and Katagana, which is used for foreign
words with Japanese pronunciation.) After that it is translated into
Braille. The Braille however, is quite complicated and I have yet to
master it. I am much better at understanding, and then speaking the
language. In this case, I'm grateful for a  screen reader.