[nabs-l] it all had to start somewhere

Teal Bloodworth tealbloodworth at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 00:54:19 UTC 2009

Hello all

Ok well hmmm....I have had alot of interesting experiences throughout my
vision loss. At the kentucky office for the blind McDowell center there are
3 or 4members. First I met tonia gatton. After hearing her story and
accomplishments i commended her in disbelief. Thinking this woman is my
hero. Then close to a year after i met tonia i was able to meet Mario Island
who is now assisstant director of the McDowell center and long time member
of NFB. He to had surpassed many obstacles that left me in aww. And last but
not least Buffa Hans. Me and Buffa had many negative meetings but
nevertheless i do admire a woman with that much want and determine to
succeed. Over time all 3 had always spoke very highly of the NFB and many
thins available through them and it basically gave me the want to
investigate.

Through just this list i have had many questions answered and the feeling
that i am not alone, everyone has similar setbacks, and through another list
gave me the ability to interact with these people i mentioned above.

        -Teal