[nabs-l] Conference call- Election discussion forum

Janice snowball07 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 23:44:04 UTC 2009

Hello List,

I am not sure why my previous post did not seem to make it to the list. I
have copied it below to try to make sure the list got it...
I am willing to be flexible to move the meeting. I would like to see the
votes from the membership about when you guys think the meeting "should be
held at. This is within reason.
I think that 8: 30 PM EST, is a good time, and this way, Joseph- you might
be a little bit late, but nothing too potentially major would have been
missed by you.
I am also game, like you and I had discussed in previous emails, Joseph, to
move it to 9 pm. EST. However, do understand that it cuts down on the time
frame for this call. Since some  of us at the call could potentially have
work the next day, or other obligations.
Membership, when thinking about a potentially "better" time, I would like to
say that neither I, nor you guys are looking for a repeat of the actual
meeting itself, in which we run WAY over time...
I do sincerely wish to accommodate everybody for this call. However, please
keep in mind that this is the first of the discussions. If desired another
open forum area will be created by myself, on behalf of the current
administration, to continue the discussion beyond the phone conference, if
the membership needs it.
So, what say you Nabsters? 8:30 PM. EST? or later?
Below was my original email=
******************************
Hello Nabsters,

My sincerest apologies. However, after much schedule tweaking and juggling,
a time has been tentatively set for the conference call.
The call is scheduled for the 9th of August, at 8 pm. EST. So, this upcoming
Sunday, at 8 pm. EST, I look forward to meeting with you guys and discussing
concerns, suggested improvements, etc... to the NABS election process.
I will be attaching a copy of the NABS constitution- for your reference,
before the meeting. It will be following shortly. I will also be sending out
daily reminders, just in case someone should miss this message. In an
attempt to give everybody a rough idea of what can be expected at the
meeting, and to bring a little bit of flow to the meeting, I will also send
out a tentative agenda.

If further discussions are needed/ wanted on the subject... we can also
decide on another venue, specifically dedicated to discussion on everybody's
concerns about the election process. This will also be open should any of
you miss the conference call. we really value everybody's concerns and
thoughts on this subject. I hope that this will continue to help the board
bring more transparency and provide a voice to you the student.
If you should need to contact me for any reason, have any concerns about the
conference call, etc... please feel free to email-
janice.jeang at gmail.com or call- 832.769.5082. Hope to see everybody there!
The call in information will be released with the agenda of the meeting.

Kindest Regards,

Janice Jeang

Secretary
National Association of Blind Students