[nabs-l] Where Do Textooks Come From?

Rachel Becker Rachel at BeckerConsultants.com
Sun Aug 23 12:00:01 UTC 2009

In Maryland the library for the blind will contact the publishers. We have a
law in our state that requires them to provide the file. There are a few
exceptions. Good luck.
Rachel

-----Original Message-----
From: nabs-l-bounces at nfbnet.org [mailto:nabs-l-bounces at nfbnet.org]On
Behalf Of Elizabeth
Sent: Saturday, August 22, 2009 8:57 PM
To: nabs-l at nfbnet.org
Subject: Re: [nabs-l] Where Do Textooks Come From?

Okay, so then how do i go about contacting the publishers to receive a
digital editions of my textbooks? Do i just search for the companies online
and send them an email with my request? Or is it better to call the
publisher and speak with someone from a particular department? Since it
sounds as though there are some members on the list who have some experience
in contacting the publishers directly, do you have any tips to share to
attempt to make this venture a success? I've never done this before, so I'm
curious to find out how other people have tried to do it and whether or not
their venture was successful.

Thanks,

Elizabeth