[nabs-l] NFB of Georgia Convention

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Fri Aug 28 02:13:45 UTC 2009

The National Federation of the Blind of Georgia
would like to invite you to our Thirty-Sixth
Annual State Convention.  Our theme is: “Becoming
The Change We Want The World To See.”  This year,
our State Convention will be held on Friday,
October 9 thru Sunday, October 11.  Registration
is $35.00 (including lunch on Saturday), and the
banquet cost is $35.00.  The convention will be
held in Macon, Georgia at the new Marriott City
Center.  Room rates are $         90.00.    Early
registration and a banquet ticket can be
purchased at a discount before September 30th for $30.00 each.

The state Convention of the National Federation
of the Blind of Georgia is the largest gathering
of the blind in the state.  Approximately 200
blind people, family members, friends, and
blindness service providers come together for a
weekend of seminars, presentations, workshops,
and general discussions on training, technology,
and strategies for improving the quality of life
of blind people.  The following is just a sample
of the topics an activities:

* NFB-NEWSLINE® New Features and Enhancements

* Louis Braille Coin and Braille Literacy Initiatives

* Georgians Empowered Through Mentoring Success

* Braille Enrichment through Literacy and Nonvisual Learning

* NFB Youth Slam

* Parents of blind Children Seminar

* Blind Students Luncheon

* Updates on State Education and Rehabilitation Programs

For more information, or to register for the
event, visit
<http://www.nfbga.org/>WWW.NFBGA.ORG, or call the
office 866-316-3242.  It promises to be an exciting and educational weekend.