[nabs-l] Electronic College Textbooks

Steven Max-Faults stevemax83 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 2 07:31:50 UTC 2009

Hi Valerie,

I do read Braille and I use a BrailleNote, but I use Jaws
rather than ZoomText on the computer! For almost all of my textbooks and course
materials, I request electronic copies in MS Word. I sometimes request Braille
for French, and always audio versions in addition to electronic copies for
novels and Shakespeare! (Although, I have usually gotten the audio on my own.)

I do know that readers are difficult to obtain, and they are
usually not even necessary. But, I think they are sometimes employed for certain
courses, such as Arabic classes.

I have been lucky to avoid Math thus far, but I must take Stats
next year. I have a choice of Nemeth or Latex. I don’t know anything about
Latex, so I’ll have to find out how difficult it would be to learn.

Hope this was helpful! I’m wondering about everyone else?

Best,

Steven

Steven Max-Faults

SteveMax83 at yahoo.com