[nabs-l] NBP-Announce: Gift Ideas from NBP: the Tao Te Ching

Tony Grima agrima at nbp.org
Wed Dec 2 08:08:58 UTC 2009

Each day this week, we're presenting new gift ideas - for adults and
kids alike - from our gift-giving flyer. We'll return to our usual email
schedule next week.

Tao Te Ching
Translated by Stephen Mitchell
In braille or PortaBook (braille file on CD or download), $10.95

No, this is not the Pooh edition of Tao - this is the real deal. The Tao
Te Ching (pronounced Dow Deh Jing), written over 2,500 years ago, ranks
only behind the Bible as the most widely translated book in the world.
Short enough to read in an afternoon, subtle enough to study for a
lifetime, the Tao Te Ching distills centuries of spiritual inquiry into
the Tao - the universal life force that flows around and through all
things.

The Tao finds strength through flexibility; achieves goals by
transcending obstacles; believes that small changes bring powerful
results. Wrote one reader, "At the end of the day, this volume has often
been the source of the tiny bit of sanity that makes the next day
possible."

Order gift copies today at:
http://www.nbp.org/ic/nbp/TAO.html

******
To order any books, send payment to:
NBP, 88 St. Stephen Street, Boston, MA 02115-4302
Or call and charge it: toll-free (800) 548-7323 or (617) 266-6160 ext
20. Or order any of our books online at
http://www.nbp.org/ic/nbp/publications/index.html .