[nabs-l] Hi, I'm a new member!

Darian Smith dsmithnfb at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 15:21:35 UTC 2009

Hi Steven,
 Welcome to the national Association of Blind Students (nabs)
Listserve of  the National Federation of the Blind(nfb).
  My  name Is Darian Smith and I currently serve as a board member on
the  nabs national board as well as   membership  co-chair.
   I am from San Francisco, Ca and I go to City College of San
Francisco.  I am currently working twards transfer to a "4-year
institution" so i can earn an undergrad degree in recreation and
potentially a masters in orientation and mobility.
   I would like to welcome you on behalf of the rest of the  students
on this list, from all different backgrounds and interests, State
student presidents and their boards and  the national student board to
nabs and this list.
 I know you will learn alot here and teach us alot as well, as  life
is just that, equil parts learning from  each other and  teaching each
other.
 Should you have any questions, please feel free to ask anyone.  As
well, I want to extend the  invitation to contact me should  youhave
any  questions as well, and i'll do my best to answer as well.
 my E-mail address is  dsmithnfb at gmail.com
   have a great day,
  Darian

--
The National Federation of the Blind has launched a nationwide teacher
recruitment campaign to help attract energetic and passionate

"And if you will join me in this improbable quest, if you feel destiny
calling, and see as I see, a future of endless possibility stretching
before us;
if you sense, as I sense, that the time is now to shake off our
slumber, and slough off our fear, and make good on the debt we owe
past and future generations,
then I'm ready to take up the cause, and march with you, and work with
you. Together, starting today, let us finish the work that needs to be
done, and
usher in a new birth of freedom on this Earth."- Baraq Obama