[nabs-l] NLS qualifications

Rob Lambert rmlambert1987 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 4 19:29:51 UTC 2009

I'm curious. If someone has 20/70 and are considered low vision (definitely visually impaired since they can only see out of one eye), and have a difficult time with small print even though their acuity is very good (eye strain can come a lot easier since you only have one eye working), it's still out of their qualification guidelines and I'm wondering why. You have to be legally blind to be on their service, essentially, low vision doesn't count. Any ideas on that one? I'm curious.