[nabs-l] streetlights

priscilla priscillagarces1987 at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 6 20:17:11 UTC 2009

Hey,
speaking about putting audible stop signs, I used to intern with one of the senators from new jersey and during the staff meeting which included intern luncheons, I spoke directly to the senator and discussed the possibilities of putting streetlights that are easy to hear at each intersection so that both the blind and the sighted community including small children walking to school can benefit.
He said that the law cannot be addressed to congress at a national level but he offered to try to see if something can be done statewide.
I hope that he noted and considered that possibility when I discussed this because there are a lot of people who are on the same boat.

thank you very much

Priscilla