[nabs-l] OT first aid

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 9 21:56:03 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I thought some of you may have done this even though we are students; I think you only have to be 18 to be certified.  Have any of you taken a first aid or CPR class?  I was considering getting certified in one or both through the American red Cross.  If you did it, how accessible was the class?  I'd imagine CPR would be more accessible.  You have to practice on models which are tactile and the instructor could use you in demonstration to the class.

But first aid sounds more visual.  I have tunnel vision so can see wounds, but not sure if its enough to apply bandaids to it.  I'd be curious to know your thoughts and any alternative techniques you came up with.  I know for both there is a written exam and for CPR a performance one.  Was the exam read to you?
Hopefully this is possible; I think it would be great to have skills to rescue people.

Thanks.
Ashley