[nabs-l] Come to You or Go to It

Liz Bottner liz.bottner at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 16:06:45 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I was educated from kindergarten-12th grade in public school. Personally, I
am glad of this as when in a school for the blind, interaction with sighted
peers might not happen as often, although some could argue that blindness
skills might not be stressed as heavily. I was also glad for the challenging
academics as well as the school orchestra, in which I played from fourth
grade until I graduated high school.

I had mobility from around preschool age on up into high school from an
instructor from the local blindness agency. As far as cooking and cleaning
goes, my mom showed me a few things, and others I've learned from trial and
error along the way.

Take care,

Liz

email:
liz.bottner at gmail.com
Visit my livejournal:
http://unsilenceddream.livejournal.com
Follow me on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/lizbot
Consider helping blind and visually impaired Delaware students in the March
for Independence:
http://www.marchforindependence.org/site/TR/walk/General?team_id=2830&pg=tea
m&fr_id=1050