[nabs-l] a large print foreign language textbook question

Cindy Bennett passionflower505 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 20 02:44:25 UTC 2009

I have a friend who is not on this list. She is currently encountering a problem with being able to have access to her Spanish textbooks. She reads all of her other books electronically just fine, but her Spanish books do not scan clearly enough for anyone to be able to understand. She cannot see the print that is in the textbook, and when the company was asked, they said that they did not sell any large print books, nor did they have an electronic copy that they were willing to release to her.

I was curious if any of you have encountered this situation, i was unsure of what to say since i am totally blind and am at a school who is willing to buy me brailled foreign language texts. You can reply off list so i can put you in contact with her. I appreciate any advice.

Thanks
Cindy Bennett
President: NC Association of Blind Students