[nabs-l] a large print foreign language textbook question

Corbb O'Connor corbbo at gmail.com
Sun Feb 22 20:07:32 UTC 2009

Hi Cindy,

When in Spanish classes, I used RFB&Ds versions of the books. They
worked quite well, too.

-----
Corbb O'Connor
The George Washington University '10
B.A. Political Communication & Economics

On Feb 19, 2009, at 9:44 PM, Cindy Bennett wrote:

I have a friend who is not on this list. She is currently encountering
a problem with being able to have access to her Spanish textbooks. She
reads all of her other books electronically just fine, but her Spanish
books do not scan clearly enough for anyone to be able to understand.
She cannot see the print that is in the textbook, and when the company
was asked, they said that they did not sell any large print books, nor
did they have an electronic copy that they were willing to release to
her.

I was curious if any of you have encountered this situation, i was
unsure of what to say since i am totally blind and am at a school who
is willing to buy me brailled foreign language texts. You can reply
off list so i can put you in contact with her. I appreciate any advice.

Thanks
Cindy Bennett
President: NC Association of Blind Students