[nabs-l] Window-Eyes 7.1 to Include 64-Bit Support

Steve Pattison srp at internode.on.net
Wed Jan 7 22:17:40 UTC 2009

GW Micro is pleased to announce the current development plans for
Window-Eyes 7.1 include full support for 64-bit versions of Windows
Vista, and Windows Server 2008 operating systems.

The computer industry adoption of 64-bit CPUs has been swift, and
we're working hard to make sure those customers who need access to
64-bit operating systems will not be excluded.

The Window-Eyes development process is moving ahead rapidly. We
expect to provide a release date and additional feature information
for Window-Eyes 7.1 in the near future.

In addition to 64-bit support for Windows Vista and Windows Server
2008, Window-Eyes 7.1 will continue to support the 32-bit versions of
Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows Server. The
32-bit version of Window-Eyes 7.1 will be a FREE download for all
Window-Eyes 7.X customers. The 64-bit version of Window-Eyes 7.1 will
be available on CD only for a minimal charge for all Window-Eyes 7.X
customers (a CD is required for the 64-bit version due to new
installation procedures required for 64-bit operating systems).

Stay tuned for more information.